The Detroit Lions are done with the (not-so) heavy lifting in free agency, but they're not done adding to their roster.
Lions general manager Brad Holmes said at the NFL's annual spring meeting this week he still is "looking at maybe, possibly another veteran" to add at offensive guard and Lions coach Dan Campbell said the team still is weighing its options on the defensive line.
"We're not done," Campbell said. "And we don't know when. We don't know, maybe it will be the draft.
"I mean, we're looking at everything. It could be after the draft. It could be any time."
For now, the Lions' depth chart on the defensive line looks similar to what it was at the start of last year. Aidan Hutchinson and Marcus Davenport project to start at defensive end, D.J. Reader and Alim McNeill (once he's healthy) will play defensive tackle, and Levi Onwuzurike and Josh Paschal should have rotational roles at both spots up front.
The Lions added nose tackle Roy Lopez in free agency, but mostly have more familiar faces in reserve: Mekhi Wingo, Pat O'Connor, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Myles Adams and Brodric Martin among others.
"There's still guys out there that we're still staying in contact with," Holmes said Monday. "I mean, for right now the higher-dollar guys, we’re probably past that point. Now we're kind of more in the lower deals, whatever that's third wave, whatever wave it is now.
"We're still monitoring, but what happens is that now you get to a point of that, we have a lot of young players on our team that we're still excited about. It may not be players that have gotten a lion’s share of snaps in the regular season last year, but that we've been watching throughout the year that we're really excited about."
Holmes championed the re-signing of Onwuzurike as a big win for the Lions. ...